Gain experience and become a One Two Dive trainee!
If you are studying Marketing, Tourism, Web Design or want to start or continue to develop your diving career to Divemaster or Instructor, then we are looking for you! We offer school internships and dive internships. School internships can be adapted to the requirements of your school. Dive internships are for those that love diving and want to make it their profession.
About One Two Dive
One Two Dive is a 5-star PADI Instructor Development Centre, located in the 4 star Isabel Family Hotel. We are always looking for motivated interns. You will join a hardworking and motivated team. A team with years of experience, that wants to provide the best service and experience for their customers. We at One Two Dive are passionate about what we do – Diving and Marine Protection and we make every effort to pass our passion onto our customers.
Our team consists of
- Instructors with years of experience in all parts of the world
- Certified equipment technicians
- Compressor technicians
About the internship
When doing a diving internship or a study internship, you will learn and work on:
- Excursions, pool demo’s, guiding
- Preparation and maintenance of the equipment
- Planning and logistics
- Diving skills
- Selling of products, both online and offline
- Customer service
- Email and contact with customers
- Contacting media and potential sponsors for One Two Dive’s projects, events and products
- Meeting stakeholders of One Two Dive
- Creating brochures/flyers/poster for One Two Dives products
- Making promotional material: photos and films
- Posts on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Improving website
- Writing and improving texts for the website and or blog
- Creating new media channels for One Two Dive and improving existing ones
- For example, organisation of a beach clean-up
- For example, organisation of an empower the people day
- Accountancy and the processing of income and outcomes
- Meetings with government and stakeholders
- Assisting in organising the program of the week
- Assisting in planning of One Two Dive’s calendar
- Looking into possibilities of getting an eco-certificate
- Writing about sustainability
- Doing research on sustainability and potential environmental activities
- Research on sustainable products for One Two Dive
Web Design and Maintenence (Prior experience in designing webpages required)
- Using open source software and programmes
- Working with various areas of IT in particular HTML, XHTML, CSS, MySQL and PHP
- Mapping and outlining our website’s structural content
- Understanding how to produce designs that will attract our target clients
- Ensuring that our content is accessible to users
- Testing functionalities of websites in different web browsers and resolutions.
- Creating and editing images and graphics for web
- Handling website templates and layouts
- Understanding Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques and how to implement them
- You will have enough time to work on all you school assignments/ projects
Tenerife is a great place to do your internship! Tenerife is the island of the eternal summer where we can dive all year round. We are located in Costa Adeje, the perfect location: Supermarkets, cinema, beaches, bars, restaurants, pharmacy, doctors, parks, gyms, shopping centres are all within walking distance. Costa Adeje is close to Las Americas and Los Cristianos and has many cheap bus connections to different places around the island. One Two Dive is located on a 5 minute walk from the hostel La Tortuga.
- One Two Dives working days are from Monday to Saturday
- One Two Dives working hours are from 8:00-18:00, this can be earlier/later in case of special activities or for example, night dives
- You need to have an international driving license and be able to drive our company vans
- At least 18 years old
For the counting of your internship hours: courses, diving, breakfast and lunch are not considered to be part of the internship.
Student or divemaster in training: 40€ reward per week
Certified divemaster: 65€ reward per week
- 10% discount on courses after completing the Advanced Open Water Diver and products
- 15% commissions on sales of activities
- 15% commissions on any activity done by the intern (snorkelers can only be guided once you are PADI Rescue Diver and guiding dives once you are PADI Divemaster)
- Breakfast and lunch inside hotel
- If you are looking for accommodation then we have a partnership with the hostel La Tortuga that will provide you with a 10% discount
Courses for interns
We want to share our love for diving with as many people as possible. For you as an intern to be able to attract customers through marketing, you need to know how amazing diving is. Therefore, we ask all our interns to have at least an Open Water Diving certification. If you don’t have that yet, it is no problem! You can do the course here with us once you arrive.
|PADI Open Water Diver:||450€ (Material and PIC not included)|
|PADI Advanced Open Water:||335€ (Material and PIC not included)|
|PADI Open Water & Advanced Open Water Combo:||850€ (Everything included)|
|Emergency First Responder:||165€ (Material and PIC not included)|
|PADI Rescue Diver:||375€ (Material and PIC not included)|
|PADI Divemaster:||750€ (Material and PADI fees not included)|
|PADI materials and crew packs:||47€ (PADI Divemaster Crew Pack: 240€)|
|PIC (PADI Identification Card):||25€ (PADI Divemaster certification: Depends on the price that PADI has on the certification date)|
Payment of courses
An Intern needs to pay 50% of his/her courses in advance plus the course materials (Crew Pack) and PADI certification fee (PIC) and can use the 40/ 65€ reward he/she gets per week to cover the remaining 50% of the course. In case Interns need to leave One Two Dive before the remaining 50% is fully covered, they will have to pay the remaining amount at once, before leaving.
Applying for internship
If you are interested in doing your internship at One Two Dive, please send us an email containing the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (incl. picture)
- Motivational letter
- Your dive experiences
- Requirements of your school (in case of school internship)
- The period you want to do your internship
Once we received your information we will invite you for a Skype meeting.
You can reach us at our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or for any questions call to +34 822 66 36 70